Lately I haven’t been feeling like myself, so I decided to make me a little playlist to get me out of my feelings and get back in my bag named, “Git Up, Git Out”
Inspired by one my favorite Outkast songs, I created “Git Up, Get Out” to motivate me on days when life gets me down. These days, I’ve been overwhelmed with 2 jobs, too many bills, expenses, and anxious thoughts of how to make my next move my best move. I’ve been taking steps towards finding a path to a promising, fulfilling career and look to music as a little extra push for the bumps in the road along the way. I threw together a quick list of songs that share a message of being determined, ambitious and headstrong to get myself focused. This playlist has a mix of recent rap songs, a few R&B tracks, and some throwbacks thrown in. I’ve played this in the background while filling out job applications and throughout the office at work to help the day go smoother. See which tracks keep me driven below!
- Formation – Beyonce
- We Gonna Make It (feat. Styles P) – Jadakiss
- Dumb Shit – Dave East
- Inside the Mattress – Future
- Digits – Young Thug
- U Don’t Know – Jay-Z
- Blow It In The Wind – Chris Brown
- Motivation – Fabolous
- New Level (feat. Future) – A$AP Ferg
- Money On My Mind – Lil Wayne
- So Ambitious (feat. Pharrell) – Jay-Z
- Touch the Sky (feat. Lupe Fiasco) – KanyeWest
- Git Up, Git Out (feat. Goodie Mobb) – Outkast
Express yourself with a thought, suggestion, or even your own song below.