Here comes the brand new flavor in your ear with my newest playlist, ”You Gots To Chill.” Named after EPMD’s classic, for all my hip-hop historians out there, I put together several relaxed tracks to mellow out my mood before a manic Monday comes my way. Feeling trapped out after playing Gucci Mane’s “Mr. Davis” throughout the weekend and reading his autobiography, I thought it was time to take it slow this Sunday.
On this list, you can see how wide my music selection is from hip-hop classics like Method Man and Mary J. Blige’s “ I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need To Get By” to the neo-soul styles of Erykah Badu and SZA. I even found a way to mix artists old and new on here from my Zone 6 rookie, J.I.D, to Stevie Wonder to feed my old soul. Still keeping it hip-hop with a splash of R&B are songs from Anderson .Paak, Wale, J. Cole, GoldLink, Kendrick Lamar, and more! I was almost surprised myself at how this sound selection blended as I blasted this throughout the crib cleaning and waiting for the New York Giants to disappoint me later tonight.
Catch a vibe with me with songs listed below and available to stream on Tidal and Spotify!
- On & On – Erykah Badu
- Hereditary – J.I.D
- All Bad (feat. Mereba) – J.I.D
- Airborne Aquarium -Curren$y
- LOVE. (feat. Zacari) – Kendrick Lamar
- Freak In You – PARTYNEXTDOOR
- I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need To Get By – Method Man & Mary J. Blige
- I Love You – Mary J. Blige
- Crew (feat. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy) – GoldLink
- Broken Clocks – SZA
- Deja Vu- TWENTY88
- It’s Too Late – Wale
- High For Hours – J. Cole
- Find a Way – A Tribe Called Quest
- Room in Here (feat. The Game) – Anderson .Paak
- Lyk Dis – NxWorries
- Valentino – Wale
- Gold Alpinas (feat. Rick Ross) – Dom Kennedy * (Available only on Spotify, not Tidal)
- All I Do – Stevie Wonder
What’s on your playlist this Sunday? Anything you would’ve rather put in rotation? Don’t be shy and share in a comment.